Monday 26 May 2014

Thursday Market, Cape Point Vineyards

This market isn't really a goods market, but you can buy flowers and some toys for the kids. For us, it is pretty much an only beverage and food market. Almost a trendy restaurant if you will. Some vegetarian options, seafood, lamb and a great meat selection. And of course, the sweets.

Markets tend to be fairly pricey as you're paying for good food and if you're like me, and want to try everything, your money bag empties fast. So I took R100.00 and told myself that was my budget.

The first stall I saw was the Crepe stall. A stall which I just had to try out (for the blog, of course). And I'm so very glad I did.I bought a fudge and chocolate crepe after my mains, and nearly had a heart attack when I heard the woman say she was running out of mixture! But boy do they make these delicacies like experts, and she was on top of it, beating up a new batch. My main was paella, also divine.

It's important to note that while the food stalls appeared to be cash only, the bars had card machines. Which thus led me to spend my cash budget on food.

One other thing about this market; don't be fooled by the cars parked along the road - there is plenty of parking on the farm and the property is huge. The inside area was quite empty and there was space to move (a rarity I find at popular markets). There is a large outside area where children run rampant, and people sit down and relax on. And for winter there is cover with ridiculously warm heaters.

Last minute details:
Watch out for: This venue is too big to be stuck near people
Address: Cape Point Vineyards, Silvermine Road
Telephone: (021) 789 0900
Trading hours: Thursdays: 3:30pm - 8pm


No comments:

Post a Comment